Dear Friends of The Pipers' Gathering,

With only a few short weeks left until the 2007 Pipers' Gathering, we have
some final announcements:

REGISTRATION & LODGING

The deadline for mail-in and online pre-registration at $125 is July 27th.
After July 27th, registration at the door is $140.

Don't forget to book your room at the Killington Grand Hotel.  Remember to
mention The Pipers' Gathering to ensure you receive our special group
rates.  Room rates are from $39 up, first come, first served.  The
Killington Grand Hotel & Conference Center will continue to hold rooms for
us until the end of July.  After that time it may be necessary to seek
shelter elsewhere.  And if you are planning a vacation around the
Gathering, the hotel will extend our conference rates before and after the
event.

Registration information and forms are on our website at:
<http://www.pipersgathering.org/RegistrationInformation.shtml>
Lodging information is on our website at:
<http://www.pipersgathering.org/LodgingGrand.shtml> and
<http://www.pipersgathering.org/LodgingOther.shtml>

EVENT SCHEDULE

The event schedule is now on our website at
<http://www.pipersgathering.org/Program.shtml>

PRIVATE LESSONS STILL AVAILABLE

Several private lessons are still available with Fin Moore (Border pipes),
Pete Stewart (English/Cornish pipes), Annie Grace (SSP), Barry Shears
(SSP), and Eamonn Dillon (Uilleann pipes).

CONCERT PERFORMERS

We have two fine evenings of piping lined up.  The Saturday evening
concert will feature Eamonn Dillon, Annie Grace, Fin Moore, and Pete
Stewart.  The Sunday evening concert will feature Dick Hensold, Bill Ochs,
Deb Quigley, Colin Ross, and Barry Shears.

MONDAY SPECIAL EVENTS

We have two special events scheduled for the Monday morning sessions:

Stage Fright - Get Over It!

Monday morning we will have a session where participants will have an
opportunity to perform for others. Think of it as an "Open Mic" without
the microphone. The guidelines are simple. Each participant can play 3
sets, or for 10 minutes, whichever is shorter. This is not a competition,
and there will be no judging. This is simply an opportunity for you to
play for other pipers. We will have a sign-up sheet at the Registration
desk, and will accept the first 15 people.

Meet Your Maker

A number of the pipemakers in attendance have agreed to do a maintenance
workshop where they'll be doing their normal fettling and use this as a
teaching opportunity at the same time.  If you have questions about how to
fix a drone reed or a leaky bellows, this is your chance to stand by and
learn from the makers themselves.

UILLEANN PIPES AUCTION

This year we will be auctioning a brand new C-pitch 1/2 set of Uilleann
pipes, built and donated by BC Childress to help support the Pipers'
Gathering.  The pipes are of mopane wood with brass metalwork, imitation
ivory mounts, five chanter keys, and a Mac Harg bag.  These pipes are
valued at nearly $3,100.  You can see pictures of the pipes on our website
at <http://www.pipersgathering.org/2007auction.shtml>

The pipes will be offered for sale through a silent auction that will
begin on Saturday morning (August 11th) and end just before the concert on
Sunday evening (August 12th).  You must attend the Pipers' Gathering to
bid on these pipes, and be prepared to pay in cash or by certified check
if you are the winning bidder.

NORTHUMBRIAN PIPES FOR SALE

Colin Ross is offering for sale a keyless set of Northumbrian small pipes
in F, with or without bellows.  The pipes are made from antique boxwood
with brass ferrules and black buffalo horn end pieces. The bellows are by
Tom Swinney and are made from oak. The price for the pipes is $1,000, and
the bellows are $400. A portion of the proceeds of this sale will go to
support The Pipers' Gathering. Colin will be playing these pipes during
the weekend, and they will be available for the purchaser on Monday. You
can see a picture of the pipes and bellows on our website at
<http://www.pipersgathering.org/NorthumbrianSale.shtml>

NORTHUMBRIAN PIPES FOR HIRE

We have a set of Northumbrian smallpipes available for hire (rent).  The
pipes are made by D. Burleigh, serial number 2290, with an eleven key
chanter and four drones each of which has a tuning bead with the exception
of the large "G" drone which has two tuning beads.  The bellows are also
by D. Burleigh.  The chanter reed was made by Ann Sessoms.  The drone
reeds are brass body/cane tongue composite.  Contact Richard Shuttleworth
at [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more details if you are interested in
renting these pipes, or stop by the registration table at the event.

DONATIONS

No mail from us would be complete without a reminder to please support
this event through generous donations so we can all continue to enjoy a
unique gathering of pipes and pipers.  Those who were at the concerts last
year may remember this mantra: "What is the greatest nation in the world?
DO-NATION!"  It costs over $20,000 to bring you the Pipers' Gathering
weekend each year, only a portion of which is covered by registration
fees.  We depend on grants and donations to keep bringing the best
instructors and music to Killington.  Please consider a donation to help
ensure that one of your favorite weekends of the year will still be there
for you in the future.

<http://www.pipersgathering.org/Donations.shtml>

--------------------

The Pipers' Gathering, Inc., presenter of The Pipers' Gathering, is
registered as a non-profit corporation in the State of Vermont and is
recognized by the United States Internal Revenue Service as a non-profit
organization under the provisions of section 501(c)(3) of the federal tax
code. Tax-deductible contributions are gratefully accepted by Mark
Stayton, Treasurer, The Pipers' Gathering, Inc., 97 N. 3rd Ave.,
Royersford, PA 19468.

Thank you for your continued interest and support,

The Board of Directors of The Pipers' Gathering, Inc.:
  Rick Damon, Chairman
  Mark Stayton, Treasurer
  Dawn Littlepage, Secretary
  Bill Gority