Thanks - I hope my fingering is more accurate than my memory for dates!

Chris
"Tough on choyting, tough on the causers of choyting"

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 August 2008 10:11
To: nsp
Subject: [NSP] Re: jhf

On 22 Aug 2008, Ormston, Chris wrote:

>  Bellingham Show?"
>  Tom Clough's Bellingham
> adjudication speech from the 1930s still applies!!

October 1923:
"The chief aim of any player is to produce good music. Now this can
only be attained by the proper use of his musical instrument.
There are two fundamental principles of good piping, namely winding,
and execution on the chanter. The chanter, unlike any other form of
pipe is close fingered - it emits no sound when the finger-holes are
closed, hence its distinctness. In the hands of an expert the music
can be produced with surprising distinctness. The principles
mentioned, combined with the proper musical ideas of the performer,
makes good piping and tasteful music."

Thanks for the warning, Chris!

Julia

The information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure
under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Unless the information is legally exempt, the confidentiality of this e-mail
and your reply cannot be guaranteed.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the information contained in this e-mail
is intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended
recipient you must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance upon
it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender. Any
unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.