Well, if I chose instruments based simply on whether I liked the sound of them and the size of the repertoire, I'd have a fairly long list of instruments to play, hm?

I already play violin, piano and cello and sing so already have a fair few delightful instruments with large and interesting repertoires.

I chose the pipes because they remind me of where I came from and I confess to a certain nostalgia when I hear them - sorry if that sounds twee, I'll try to make up some interesting nonsense next time I post.

Cheers,

Allan