Hi all

Chris B wrote:-
Subject: [NSP] Re: Not Choyting - advice please
This is probably heresy to some, but I think it's arguable that Clough's was only one possible way of playing and the one most approved of at the time. there may be more. There is a difference between "bad" and "different" isn't there? As between "wrong" and "not to my taste" or "not in my tradition".

I'll add a quote from Martin Carthy

"Tradition moves, tradition progresses and is not a pile of stones."

Yours in blissful choyting.
Ian Bartlett

P.S. Any luck in defining a folk instrument yet? Very quiet on that front I note.