On 2 Oct 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I think the idea of solo playing in our group sessions is excellent,
> and I can see that it would be very beneficial.
> ....... I do mind,
> and find very frustrating, is knowing that on my own at home, I can
> play much better than that.
>
> Of course the answer to that is to play more solo in front of others.
> So it's Catch 22.

What Chris said....in spades. Various solutions have been tried by
various pipers to my knowledge:

Busking, playing background music at gigs (which can be simple tunes)
where people are not actually listening as they would at a concert
performance, competing.
Playing to non-pipers

Any other remedies?

Julia