From: colin <cwh...@santa-fe.freeserve.co.uk>

To: nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu

Sent: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:59

Subject: [NSP] Re: Reel of Tullochgorum

Interesting.?

I learned tin whistle by ear back in the 60's and play "left handed" - right
hand nearest mouth purely because that seemed right for me (I am right handed).?

When I got my first set of pipes (simple chanter), I played that "left handed"
as well which caused some fun when I had my 7-key chanter made and couldn't
figure out how to reach the keys.?

There were few resources on playing the pipes back then (although Bill Hedworth
loaned me a copy of a booklet which I forget the title of now - and which I had
to copy longhand as it was out of print).?

It took a while to reverse things (still play the whistle left handed though).?

Am I right in thinking that my old friend (while he lived in Liverpool) the
late Pete Rowley made his own left-handed set??

Colin Hill?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Philip Gruar"
<phi...@gruar.clara.net>?