I don't often comment these days, but, like a lot of NPS Members, I'm
   still lurking...

   I'd support this

   Simon
   On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Helen Capes
   <[1]helen.ca...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

     I agree with Anthony. I think Colin has to be one of the most
     deserving people in decades. Surely this is a great opportunity to
     appoint a president in recognition of a huge contribution to our
     instrument.
     Helen

   ----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Robb"
   <[2]anth...@robbpipes.com>
   To: "Dartmouth NPS" <[3]...@cs.dartmouth.edu>

     Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:55 PM

   Subject: [NSP] Colin Ross

      Dear All
      What a shame Colin Ross has stood down from the chairmanship of the
      society in these circumstances. Colin & I do not always see eye to
     eye
      about some things, but the fact remains that his devotion to, and
      knowledge of piping, and pipes-making remain unsurpassed. After
     over 40
      years of absolute commitment to our cause I would have thought he'd
      have been an obvious contender for the Presidency of the Society.
     Is
      this me being totally naive? I feel an opportunity to recognise the
      contribution of one of the giants of the Northumbrian piping world
     has
      been missed.
      As aye
      Anthony