On 5/23/09 11:11 AM, "richard.hea...@tiscali.co.uk"
<richard.hea...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> I am a member of that Working Party, and I post this (although the
> Dartmouth list is not an official organ of communication for the
> Society) because the Society has neither an effective system of rapid
> communication with members nor an effective way of disseminating
> information about decisions, etc, rapidly.

I thank the gentleman for pointing out that this list is not an organ of
communication for The Society.  Might I remind members of The Society that
there are others on the list who are not members and whose interests are in
piping, not the politics (or dirty laundry) of The Society.

If, however, the members have decided to use this list as their organ then,
as a non-member, I am clearly in the wrong place and will unsubscribe
forthwith.

Best wishes.

Steve Bliven