On 26 May 2009, at 16:53, Anthony Robb wrote:

  Mmmma| rather harsh Francis.

Hello Anthony,

I'm not sure I've really tried 'harsh' . . .

'Robust' might do quite well. I'd add 'fair'. We'll probably not agree on that one.

Francis

P. S. I'll leave it to anyone else to respond point by point to Anthony's mail if they have a mind to do so. I'd advise adherence to known facts, awareness that the issue is not only painful but complex, some regard for the integrity of those people who have already posted thoughtfully and carefully on this subject and above all, due consideration for the welfare of the person this is really all about.

May I also reiterate my confidence in the NPS Committee and their decision. I base this on my knowledge of the people serving on the Committee and my admiration of their integrity and administrative abilities.