Dear Friends of the Pipers' Gathering,

We're pleased to announce our instructor lineup for the 2010 Pipers'
Gathering. This year, the Gathering will be held from Friday evening, August
13th through Monday, August 16th in the Snowshed Lodge at the Killington
Grand Hotel in Killington, Vermont.  Our instructors and performers for the
2010 event include:

Border pipes:  Dan Houghton, EJ Jones
English pipes:  Jon Swayne
Northumbrian smallpipes:  Ian Lawther, Anthony Robb
Scottish smallpipes:  Dan Houghton, EJ Jones, Jim McGillivray
Uilleann pipes:  Brian McNamara, Bill Ochs, Anthony Santoro
Flute: Laura MacKenzie
Whistle:  Andrea Mori

Registration will open on May 1st, 2010.  In the meantime, you can reserve
your room at the Killington Grand Hotel.  Be sure to mention the Pipers'
Gathering to get our group rates.  Hotel information is available on our
website at:

http://www.pipersgathering.org/LodgingGrand.shtml or
http://www.pipersgathering.org/LodgingOther.shtml

We hope your vacation plans this year will include joining us in Killington.

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR GRANT APPLICATION

As everyone who attended last year's Pipers' Gathering already knows, we
have applied for a grant from the National Endowment of the Arts under their
Access to Artistic Excellence program.  This means that we are in
competition with more mainstream arts organizations for a share of a limited
pot of money.

In the wider arts community, bagpipes are not generally known for their
artistic excellence; in fact we are rank outsiders in this race.  To help
our cause we are asking YOU, who do know about the artistic quality of
bellows blown pipes, to add a word on our behalf.  We cannot lobby the NEA
directly, but we ask that you send an e-mail to the Governor of Vermont, Jim
Douglas, in support of our application.

Let Governor Douglas know that the Pipers' Gathering takes place in Vermont,
and enriches both the lives and the pockets of Vermonters.  It is one of the
few organizations in the United States dedicated to promoting and preserving
these lesser-known kinds of bagpipes, and is worthy of his support for this
NEA grant. The more people who say this, the better our chances are of being
taken seriously.

Go here to contact the Governor of Vermont:

http://governor.vermont.gov/contact.html

YOUR FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!

Please feel free to write any time with suggestions for what (or who) you
would like to see at the Pipers' Gathering.  Every year we send a survey to
the participants following the event, but we'd also like to hear from those
who have not attended about what would make the weekend more attractive to
you.  Write to us at i...@pipersgathering.org.

Thank you for your continued interest and support,

The Board of Directors of The Pipers' Gathering, Inc.:

     Richard Shuttleworth, Chairman
     Mark Stayton, Treasurer
     Dawn Littlepage, Secretary
     Bill Gority
     Judy Stayton

The Pipers' Gathering, Inc., presenter of The Pipers' Gathering, is
registered as a non-profit corporation in the State of Vermont and is
recognized by the United States Internal Revenue Service as a non-profit
organization under the provisions of section 501(c)(3) of the federal tax
code.  Tax-deductible contributions are gratefully accepted by Mark Stayton,
Treasurer, The Pipers' Gathering, Inc., 97 N. 3rd Ave., Royersford PA 19468
or at http://www.pipersgathering.org/Donations.shtml