>The first tune I ever did this with was Crooked Bawbee, as
>suggested by Bill
>Hume. It worked well for me, I didn't get bored with it.
>Helen

Yup, great tune and one that like even the way I play it myself.
It's a healthy exercise on the tightrope between beauty and
sentimentality/kitsch - and I mean this in a positive, not sarcastic, sense.
You can get away with a few slurs too ;-))))

I think the meatiest I've ever got into in a big way is Jackie Layton
(variations) - a bit of everything in there to keep you busy for a good while.

CsĂ­rz