I was pondering recently, both on the stacatto effect of the keys, the
   difficulties in only having two fingers free to hit keys, and also
   thinking about whether a person missing a hand could play bagpipes in
   general.

   A thought occurred to me:  have any NSP been made which had every hole
   covered by a key?  With such a settup, all fingers would be available
   to hit keys.  I think that's how a lot of modern woodwinds are made; is
   there any reason besides tradition that this is not regularly done on
   NSP?

   -Matthew
   Arlington, Virginia, USA