To: <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:06 PM
Subject: [NSP] Has there ever been an NSP with _all_ keys (no open holes)?

  I was pondering recently, both on the stacatto effect of the keys, the
  difficulties in only having two fingers free to hit keys, and also
  thinking about whether a person missing a hand could play bagpipes in
  general.

  A thought occurred to me:  have any NSP been made which had every hole
  covered by a key?  With such a settup, all fingers would be available
  to hit keys.  I think that's how a lot of modern woodwinds are made; is
  there any reason besides tradition that this is not regularly done on
  NSP?

  -Matthew
  Arlington, Virginia, USA