A saxophone is a woodwind without any open holes covered by fingers.
Some holes are always open to make notes, but all of them are closed
by a key pad, as opposed to fingers like the other woodwinds you
mention, Colin.

I suspect if you covered all the holes with keys and pads you would
lose a lot of color if not artistic nuance.  Although I'm not a pipe
maker, I would guess it would be very difficult to add keys like the
Boehm system on an F or G chanter.

At least with flat fingered styles of piping you would lose a lot of
nuance with keys.  Compare Irish wooden keyless flute playing with
Irish players of silver Boehm system flutes.  They can play faster on
the silver keyed flute, and they can be jazzy, but personally I don't
see those as advantages.  YMMV

A fully keyed NSP chanter would make choyting exceedingly easy.  ;-)
I'm with Richard.