Hello Julia and others,

I like this reply very much. This has been a good thread and a great
endorsement of the varied interests which emerge from and return to the
discussion of our favourite instrument.

It's also a good demonstration of both the value and the disadvantages of this
list medium. The disadvantages are obvious. Searching for topics in the list
archives would be unsuccessful in the present instance since the header is
'Deaf/Dead' . . the discussion has now migrated far from that original idea.
For sequence of topics and responses the Forum medium is far superior.

On the other hand, the present list facility is excellent for immediate
conversational responses. And I must say, I thoroughly enjoy the odd and
interesting mutations that emerge in these discussions!

Francis