Hello Anthony,

I don't think we disagree. At Stuart Hardy's musical altitude, I'm sure you're
right.

That's a level I can only admire but never approach. On a more basic level,
playing the tune with a dotted rhythm will get you through in a far less
exposed manner than playing straight, which would seem to be an ability to
acquire before refining the playing to a more regionally idiomatic expertise.

I was fairly OK with the present example because it was reasonably musical and
enjoyable . . . and goodness knows, anyway, how long he'd been playing at that
booth and under what circumstances. I was harsher on the second YouTube example
which was a staged affair as well as being a musical assault.

>> I wondering if other players on the list find the rant speed & rhythm a
>>   challenge?

Well, yes, it is. Good examples are always welcome!

All the best,

Francis