Quoting Francis Wood <oatenp...@googlemail.com>:

That would work very efficiently . . . in fact, probably too efficiently.

Wouldn't it be better to leave it to the individual writer to decide whether they want their addition to the forum announced on Dartmouth?

And isn't there a facility for the individual reader to opt in to an email alert facility?

I have tried replying to this once already.

Prepare for some nonsense.

Be alert, Britain needs lerts.

This is because if I use the word subscrib.... near the top of the message the list thinks I am trying to subscrib...

To get alerts:
Go to the bottom of the forum and click subscribe.

Barry