Question #122507 on nssbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/122507

robert leleu proposed the following answer:
first: thanks for so fast an answer

it succeeded but it also presumably succeeded the first time....I just
did not find that sbackup menu entries are not at the same place that
nssbackup ones

youll' find a report, answering in the text for each step

please take in consideration point 10.

Thanks

Je la 26/09/2010 18:38-------- Origina mesaĝo-------- Jean-Peer Lorenz
skribis (esperanto estas la unua internacia lingvo):

> Question #122507 on nssbackup changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/122507
>
> Jean-Peer Lorenz proposed the following answer:
> Hello Robert,
>
> please follow these steps:
>
> 1. translate your error message into english 'ans an error message:
> Erreur critique: Aucun fichier de configuration trouvé pour le profile
> par défaut.' and post it
my translation is: "No configuration file found for default profile"
(presumably not exactly the original text)

> 2. open Synaptic package manager and search for 'nssbackup' and *purge*
> (i.e. remove it including configuration) all related packages
the purge option ("sélectionner pour suppression complète", I guess, was
not available. So I first proceeded to step 3.
Then I installed again nssbackup (by the way, it seemed to be in order
again), and then purged it

> 3. repeat step 2 for 'sbackup': *purge* all sbackup related packages
>
> 4. Open menu item 'Preferences ->  Repositories' in Synaptic and remove
> all entries related to nssbackup PPA
done

> 5. if you've manually modified your sources.list, undo all of your
> changes related to nssbackup/sbackup. There is no need to mess around
> with configuration files in Ubuntu 10.04 in order to add a PPA. You can
> do it using the GUI (and you should use the GUI unless you really know
> what you're doing ;-)
I do use the GUI

> 6. Close the repositories dialog and reload your packages list within
> Synaptic. At this time, neither nssbackup nor sbackup should be
> installed on your machine. Plus, you should only find sbackup 0.10.5
> (this is the version included in Ubuntu Lucid's universe) when looking
> for it.
correct

> 7. You can now add our PPA https://launchpad.net/~nssbackup-
> team/+archive/ppa to your repositories: open the repositories dialog
> again. Select tab 'Other software' and just add the following line 'ppa
> :nssbackup-team/ppa', press ok and then reload your packages list within
> Synaptic.
correct

> 8. You should now find sbackup 0.11.x in Synaptic.
correct

> 9. Install it (sbackup and sbackup-gtk) and check/set configurations
> according to your need in sbackup gui.
installed, but there I find no menu entry for sbackup. Old entries for
nssbackup are always her, in "Applications>Autres"= "Softwares>Others" I
guess

running sbackup from a terminal give the same result as previously

le...@portable-leleu:~$ sbackup
Updating GNOME_KEYRING_PID to: None
Updating GPG_AGENT_INFO to: None
Now launching indicator application (status icon).
Unable to get KDE Session Manager:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.kde.ksmserver
was not provided by any .service files
Indicator application started (PID: 15165)
Updating GNOME_KEYRING_PID to: None
Updating GPG_AGENT_INFO to: None
le...@portable-leleu:~$

followed by the same erro message

> 10. In the case you are paranoid and/or don't trust the Simple Backup
> Maintainers you can disable the source in the repositories dialog.
> Though you'll not receive automatic updates from this source then.
I'm no paranoid, and fully trust you, but adding the ppa just added the
"main" .....what should I do to add the "source"?

> HTH,
> Jean-Peer

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for nssbackup.