Question #122507 on nssbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/122507

robert leleu proposed the following answer:
Je la 27/09/2010 00:52-------- Origina mesaĝo-------- Jean-Peer Lorenz
skribis (esperanto estas la unua internacia lingvo):
> Question #122507 on nssbackup changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/122507
>
> Jean-Peer Lorenz proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
>> what should I do to add the "source"?
> You don't need it. If you want the source code of simple backup just go to
> https://launchpad.net/sbackup/+download
> There, you can download tarballs containing the source that you can extract
> into a directory of your choice and inspect the code.
I don't need the source....I just want to be automatically advised for
upgrades....

> Well, this'd be really weird. SBackup installs menu entries under:
> * Applications ->  Accessories (start it from here a normal user without root
> privileges, does not support scheduled backups)
> * Applications ->  System tools (start it from here a root user, enables
> scheduled backups).
> In case there is no menu entry 'Applications->System tools' it could be
> required to enable this submenu under 'System ->  Settings ->  Main menu'.
>
> Does invokation from the command line using 'sbackup-config-gtk' resp.
> 'gksu sbackup-config-gtk' work?
yes of course.....but having installed "sbackup", I just tried
"sbackup", since I did not received a message specifying tha I should
invoke something else....

In fact this is not an improvement for you, but rather for synaptic....
thanks for your help

> Jean-Peer

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for nssbackup.