Thank you, Peter Rolf, for your suggestion.
The tool Filemon showed me that directories were searched from an old 4TeX installation which I thought I had completely removed.
I searched my whole hard disk for files which contained these paths and -if possible- deleted them.
Then I ran my test document again. Now the warning message disappeared and I got not only text, but also graphics!!!
I'm very glad after the frustrations of the past weeks.
I also want to thank especially Giuseppe Bilotta for his efforts to resolve my problem.

With kind regards,

Sytse Knypstra

At 14:27 10.06.2003, you wrote:
Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>Friday, June 6, 2003 Sytse Knypstra wrote:
>
>SK> Yes, I still get the same warning message
>SK> and yes, c:\localtexmf\context\perltk is in my MS-DOS path (step 0 in my
>SK> list of steps).
>
>I'm lost. If your sample document is small, could you send it
>over to me?

Maybe some tools from www.sysinternals.com can give a clue.
Get a copy of Filemon and Regmon for your win-system and copy them to a dir
of your choise (no installation needed).

Start Filemon.exe and enable the "Advanced Output" under the Options menu.
Press CTRL-L for the filter dialog and enter "mpost*;" in the Include:
textfield.
Be sure that capturing is enabled (CTRL-E).

Now start texexec and see what happens...
(Same for Regmon).

Regards,

Peter