Hi Willi, thanks very much.

My problem is that I really need to set up multiple types of frames -
especially the two defined ones - the "circled" style shown and a
"highlighted" style which puts a background with no frame and normal
corners - and be able to call them anywhere in the document. If I
\setupframed with just the definition of one of them then all my \inframed
will come out one way.

Is there a way of naming a setupframed definition so that I can set up, for
example, \circleframed{} and \highlightframed{} commands?

Thanks again!

Duncan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]