At 14:22 23/07/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Hi Willi, thanks very much.

My problem is that I really need to set up multiple types of frames -
especially the two defined ones - the "circled" style shown and a
"highlighted" style which puts a background with no frame and normal
corners - and be able to call them anywhere in the document. If I
\setupframed with just the definition of one of them then all my \inframed
will come out one way.

Is there a way of naming a setupframed definition so that I can set up, for
example, \circleframed{} and \highlightframed{} commands?

\starttext

\setupcolors[state=start]

\startuniqueMPgraphic{circled-x}{circlecolor,alternative}
  path p ;
  if     \MPvar{alternative} = 1 :
    p := OverlayBox ;
  elseif \MPvar{alternative} = 2 :
    p := fullcircle xyscaled (OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight) ;
  elseif \MPvar{alternative} = 3 :
    p := fullcircle xyscaled (OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight)
      smoothed .25ExHeight ;
  fi ;
  draw p withcolor \MPvar{circlecolor} ;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[circled-x][\uniqueMPgraphic{circled-x}]

\defineframed
  [circleframed]
  [frame=off,
   background=circled-x,
   circled-x:alternative=3,
   circled-x:circlecolor=red]

\circleframed{test}

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | [EMAIL PROTECTED]