At 11:55 28/08/2003 +0900, you wrote:

Hans>>
it seems that something is happening in the top file (the option file writtemn by texexec); did you change something in texexec.ini? is there some magic in your local cont-sys.tex? can you grep you system for {\setupsystem ?

Hans,

Is texexec in any way influenced by OS environment variables? The warning "Don't change language in unprotected mode" in my log file caught my attention because a few days ago I added an environment variable LANG =en to my system (my OS not TeX). When I deleted this variable, texexec went back to running without any trouble. The error can't have been caused by any customizations in my texexec.ini or cont-sys.tex because even when I re-installed TexLive from scratch and didn't setup those files, texexec still ran into trouble in the top file with \setupsystem.

Don't change ... is generated when an \unprotect has no matching \protect which can be dabgerous for esp french (active : and so).

Texexec is not influenced by env vars; how does your jobname.tmp (afte a texexec run) looks (this is the saved options file).

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | [EMAIL PROTECTED]