Bill McClain wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:45:32 -0600
> Idris S Hamid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > With an otp u can define
> > the character sequence ".d" so that it always gives you \.d in the
> > output.
>
> I know I could look this up, but briefly:
>
> (1) What's an otp?

Here r the best sources on otp's:

http://omega.cse.unsw.edu.au:8080/roadmap/doc-1.12.ps
http://omega.cse.unsw.edu.au:8080/papers/tsukuba-arabic97.pdf

The second one especially has examples, many of them language-neutral.

> (2) Given a set of pfb and afm files (or a set of ttf files) how do I
> define such things for Aleph?

Not sure I understand this, but there is a way to prepare huge
(i.e., >256-glyphs) fonts for use by Omega starting from the afm files.
I actually documented this in detail some time ago; I have to search and
find it...

...Ahh! I found it;-)

http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d97ost/omega-example.html

There is also a test file using Arabic script for those who wanted to try
doing
Arabic-script in ConTeXt/Gamma. Originally made for Omega1.15, it will
work with
eOmega/Aleph.

Best wishes
Idris