Am Mittwoch, 10.12.03, um 19:55 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Willi Egger:

: 3 - some package or binding to Lilypond (for writing music/midi and
: xml)
That would be very-very nice. By the way, are there any plans to
implement this feature (Lilypond binding) or, may be, some other ways to typeset
music in ConTeXt?

if i'd time i'd write a metapost based engine .... with regards to lilypond, it depends on how latex dependent things are

Lilypond makes use of LaTeX only. Secondly be aware, that the software runs under Linux and under Cygwin.

Hm, perhaps it would be possible to use some MusicTeX version? AFAIK that's based on PlainTeX and could be compatible.

But as I looked at it last time, it was impossible to get a working distribution (lots of patches and dependencies of tools on unreachable sites...); but perhaps someone knows how?

Another problem are appropriate music fonts (I know only Metafonts, besides either unusable or expensive PS fonts).

Even if I know that Hans is a capable wizard, I don't think that some Metapost music typesetting could provide more than some single note lines. If we talk about music typesetting (or try to port or adapt something for ConTeXt) we must think in orchestra concert book dimensions; I guess musical typography more difficult than "usual".

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/