On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Hans Hagen wrote:

> \startstandardmakeup
>    \startlocalfootnotes
>    Thanks \footnote{test}
>    \stoplocalfootnotes
>    \vfill \placelocalfootnotes
> \stopstandardmakeup

This works fine for separate titlepages, is there a similar technique for
doing this when the title is on the first page of the text (see the
attached dvi from my last message for an example)?  I had tried using
local footnotes during my experimentation the other day, but they always
appeared between the title and the text, rather than below the first
column of text, as is the norm.  Again, this is a minor issue, as a
combination of \high, \footnotetext, and \resetnumber work just fine as a
quick hack...

> \setuplabeltext[en][section={{},{.}},subsection={{},{.}}]
>
> should do that; i don't know why it does not break in your case

Ah...thank you; this does work.  Although I must say, I would *never* have
gotten this from the documentation which treats \setuphead and it's
command parameter as the way to control the appearance of sectioning
titles, and never provides a backreference to \setuplabeltext, which is
tucked away in the chapter on language specific issues.  And even there,
the documentation never comes close to describing the behavior shown
above.  Thank goodness for the living breating documentation that this
list provides then, eh?

Thank you again,
William D. Neumann

---

"Well I could be a genius, if I just put my mind to it.
And I...I could do anything, if only I could get 'round to it.
Oh we were brought up on the space-race, now they expect you to clean toilets.
When you've seen how big the world is, how can you make do with this?
If you want me, I'll be sleeping in - sleeping in throughout these glory days."

        -- Jarvis Cocker