> >                warning : texexec.ini not found, did you read
'texexec.rme'?

> > It's really not finding it.  The thing that surprises me is that no-one
else
> > has mentioned this.  That's why I keep thinking that I've done something
> > wrong.
>
> Maybe trying to run ConTeXt with MikTeX instead of using TeX Live 2003,
> or trying to run ConTeXt in a Win32 configuration that puts spaces in
> the paths?

[longish comments deleted]

Thanks for your comments, George.
FWIW, I don't have any spaces in my MiKTeX directory tree, but I do use the
default XP system for organizing document files, and that system does have a
lot of spaces (e.g.,  "Documents and Settings")

I'm not married to MiKTeX, so I can switch to fpTeX.   Any comments?
>From what I can tell, fpTeX has better ConTeXt integration, while MiKTeX has
a better system for keeping up to date.
Anything else?

-gary