At 23:34 06/05/2004, you wrote:

I have a single document, a book, and I find it convenient
to subdivide it into files. For example I carry the same
macro set from job to job, modifying it with each
successive use. It saves a lot of typing. And as recently
illustrated if an error crops up I can turn off segments of
the document for debugging purposes.

\component and \environment also work outside the structure

there's also \readfile{filename}{}{}

all these commands, except \input, obey path and subpath rules

- search test.tex on ./test.tex ../test.tex ../../test.tex
- search on (predefined) <pathlist>/<subpathlist>/test.tex

Finally, I think Hans assumed too much of his readers (or at
least this reader) when he wrote the passage on project
etc. control. I read it but still ask myself "what is the
cost vs. benefit" and "how does it work in the day to day
world"? But that would take a book by itself, and there are
more important topics to be addressed in Context
documentation.

it depends, for big manuals i always use'm

an advantage is that one can for instance process components without the need to include all environments explicitly since they are taken from th eproduct / project files