> > I've used Acrobat 6 to import and create .pdfs for
> inclusion as images, not thinking about compatibility mode
> (set by default on acrobat 6 I suppose).
> > When I try to texexec a .tex doc with such pdf inclusions,
> i get this output :
> >     Error: pdfetex (file ./pieces-graphiques-l.pdf): pdf
> inclusion: found
> > pdf version <1.5>, but at most version <1.4> allowed  ==>
> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished!
>
> You could try this:
>
>       $ perl -npi.bak -e 's/%PDF-1.5/%PDF-1.4/;' *.pdf
>
> It might/might not work, I do not have any read PDF-1.5
> files to test.

You can also use the Acrobat 6 PDF Optimizer (Acrobat 6 Menu: Advanced ->
PDF Optimizer) to create PDF files in earlier PDF versions. I usually use
"compatible with acrobat 4" which works quite nicely with PDFTEX. I don't
quite understand why they didn't make that an option in the "save as" dialog

Grüße,

ulbi