Hi,

I do not have a clean solution (I'm not sure there is one), but you might get
away with using \title instead of \chapter (\title does not create  a toc entry)
and writing to the contents list yourself:

        \writetolist[chapter]{<number>}{<text>}

perhaps you need 'hoofdstuk' instead of 'chapter', you can check that in the
current  tui file.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 03:39:40 , ciro wrote:

> I missed one important "not" in my message:
> It should read:
> "I use a font for \chapter that does *not* print u-diaeresis with \"u. ....
>
> ciro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >I use a font for \chapter that does print u-diearesis with \"u. Then I decided to
> >write a small definition \udotdot that uses \char200 to print the diaeresis
> >on top of the letter u. The problem now is that in my table of contents,
> >the font is different, and the \char200 has a different meaning.
> >How do I resolve this problem?
> >thank you
> >Ciro

groeten,