On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:55:51 +0100, h h extern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mikael Persson wrote:
>
> > Hm, I am entering utf8 code. I am not sure how it got converted in the
> > email, however, when I type my .tex file I am sure that it is in
> > utf-8. But you mean that this example should work?
> >
> > I attatch the testfile and the resulting pdf and logs and so on...
>
> tracing shows that the utf part is okay:
>
> \enableregime[utf]
>
> % \definetypeface [russian]
> %   [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=t2a]
> %
> % \setupbodyfont[russian]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startbuffer
> ÃÅÃÂÃÂÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÅÃÂÃÂÃÂ % Some russian characters
> \stopbuffer
>
> \chardef\utfunicodetracer=0 \blank \getbuffer \blank
> \chardef\utfunicodetracer=2 \blank \getbuffer \blank
> \chardef\utfunicodetracer=7 \blank \getbuffer \blank
>
> \stoptext
>
> but i cannot test the font part, can you send me a zip with your t2a tfm files
> and map file and enc file?
>
> Hans

Just for information (mostly to the ones reading this email list from
archives). It now works using utf input and get. A minimal file:

% start of test file %
\enableregime[utf]
\useencoding[cyr]

\definetypeface [russian]
  [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=t2a]

\setupbodyfont[russian]
\starttext
ÐÐÐÐ Ð ÐÐÐÐ  % Some russian characters
\stoptext
% stop of test file %

For this to work, you have to generate the tfm-files if you do not
already have them (which can be done with the afm2tfm util).

Thanks Hans and Adam for the fast replies to get this working :)

/Micke P