Sorry 4 late response, was out of town...

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 10:11:40 +0100, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Are there things in cmr that are not in latin modern?

No, but I use old-style numerals as default (as it should be in much of the liberal arts and
critical scholarship). There are also a few accents that I have to make on the fly with (amateurish) macros, including the shorter bar over lower case <i> and some others. lm should provide all of this by default.

Until lm develops further, can you make a virtual lm font (with typescripts etc) that defaults to old-style numerals? Then I can still use my accent macros (which of course defeats the whole raison d'etre of lm;->) till lm fixes/implements these.

Also note that I'll explicitly credit Jacko/lm in the colophon of the next issue of my journal if we can fix this.

Best
Idris

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid