newinstaller,
i struggled more than one day with installation of context. i'm using a different OS (redhat linux) and have a different tex-distribution on it (tetex), but maybe this hint is useful for you too:
in the tetex-distro there is a file .../texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf . in this file the lines for context were commented by default - you have to uncomment them and run "fmtutil --missing" afterwards (or "fmtutil -all", if you have more time). maybe in miktex there's somthing similiar. at my first try i forget to run fmtutil, edited texexec.ini and run "texexec --make" which worked. but afterwards context had some "special features".

Mats Broberg wrote:

Listmembers,

I have also done the following since the first e-mail:

- Copied the contents of "texexec.rme" to "texexec.ini"

- Uncommented the "set TeXShell to miktex" line in the new "texexec.ini"
file.

- Added the string "C:\texmf\miktex\context\perltk" to the PATH
(however, there is no "context" or "perltk" folder in the "miktex"
folder. Shouldn't there be?)

no context directory? maybe on a different place (c:\texmf\tex\context ?)

However, the problem still persists.

Best regards,
Mats Broberg

mfg, johannes