Hello Indris,

ishamid wrote:

Dear gang,

How do I automate initialization of the separate context tree (from mswintex.zip)? A simple batch file such as

setuptex c:\context
texexec foo

If you are using XP, you must use the "call" command in front of both lines.
If you call a batch file from a batch file simply us call. So in your case

call setuptex c:\context
call texecex foo

enter "help call" to get more information

does not work; the batch file always turns itself off before texexec can be invoked. Can I make the initialization global so that all batch files (such as those called by WinEDT) will work properly? I added c:\context to the path but that is not enough.

BTW: Can initialization be turned off as well?

You have to unset or restore(!) the environment variables (TEXMF,...).
...and the same for the set command: "help set"
There are similar commands for the other Window versions (can't remember).

Greetings,

   Peter