On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Peter Münster wrote:
>
> > texexec --pdf test:
> >
> > fonts           : using map file: original-base
> > fonts           : using map file: ec-public-lm
> > fonts           : using map file: ec-base
> > fonts           : using map file: original-ams-base
> > fonts           : using map file: original-public-lm
> > systems         : begin file test at line 3
> > [1.1{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-empty.map}{/opt/teT
> > eX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/
> > fonts/map/dvips/context/ec-public-lm.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips
> > /context/ec-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/pdftex/context/original-a
> > ms-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-public-lm.m
> > ap}]
>
> Judging from the path, these are still the old map files from teTeX, not
> the new one that you (perhaps) have installed in /opt/teTeX/texmf-local.

No, these map-files are coming from cont-tmf.zip. /opt/teTeX/texmf-dist is
the only texmf-tree on my system.

Tomorrow I'm going to try an installation with texmf-local, perhaps it's
really better to separate the updates from the main distribution.

> This directory (/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist) is not out-of-the-box teTeX 3.0,
> so I guess you have to do some distribution-specific tweaking.

I've just replaced "/usr/local/teTeX/share" by "/opt/teTeX".

>From tetex-src-3.00/INSTALL:

   You can omit the "share/" part for the texmf directories if you want.
   $prefix/share/texmf and $prefix/texmf are auto-detected by configure.

and

   For now, you have to create two texmf directories and unpack the tar archive
   there. Example (the "#" character represents the prompt of your shell,
   don't type it in):

     # mkdir -p /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-dist
     # gzip -dc tetex-texmf.tar.gz \
         | (umask 0; cd /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-dist; tar xvf -)

Do you have the same duplicates in pdftex.map? And do you use the default
cont-sys.rme?

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/