Adam Lindsay wrote:
Hans Hagen said this at Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:12:01 +0200:

as long as it's only mojca's password that needs to be hidden

If I'm ever going to store my password in PDF files, I'll wait for pdfTeX support for password-protected files first :)

:)
Well, someone could cut-and-paste that invisible text...

The problem is not in cutting-and-pasting at all. If I make a presentation, people won't mind cutting and pasting on my computer while I talk. But as long as it is only supported by Adobe >= 6, it's only suboptimal. :( If someone could hack the plain TeX macro, it would probably do exactly what I would expect it to do, but it doesn't sound easy at all.

But that certainly works better on Apple's Preview.app, and probably is
mostly appropriate for the intended use... (hiding stuff in
presentations, making them non-Acrobat/JS dependent)

Except that it doesn't seem to hide framed content.

Tu sum it up:
- the adapted plain TeX trick with boxes doesn't place any content, but only works for plain text (not useful) - \startproperty[mysecret] hides the content (works satisfactory in that view), but only works on Adebe Acrobat, not even in the Wiki - \startproperty[hidden] works on more browsers, but has the same effect as making fonts transparent: it doesn't influence any rules, figures, ... only fonts.

For those complaining that hiding doesn't work on other PDF viewers: Adobe also gives up (one of those nice "undocummented features", one could also call them bugs) if I try to save the resulting file as TXT. I just wanted to check if the hidden content will be saved, but I didn't manage to save anything anyway.

Thanks for all the comments,
        Mojca