Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> >regi-lat.tex is interesting, made just for typesetting Croatian :)
> >Perhaps I can add some stuff there too.
> >
> >\defineactivetoken đ {\pseudoencodeddj}
> >\defineactivetoken Ð {\pseudoencodedDJ}
> >
> >This should be \dstroke and \Dstroke.
> >
> ok, changed

Thank you.

\Dstroke has some "problems" anyway, at least in cmr (lmr?). The
stroke should be on the left, but it is on the right. I thought it was
just because \tt don't have that glyph, but also the roman version is
rendered extremely bad.

> >Where did the "hungarumlaut" characters get the name from?
> >
> the names probably come from postscript

Thanks, I looked into some .afm files and they were actually there.

> btw, there is a differnece between umlaut and diaeresis (height)

So what is the proper way of writing 'ä' (a umlaut) then?

> can't you make it into a
>
> \defineactivetoken 128 {\texteuro} % € 20AC EURO SIGN
>
> kind of table?

Good idea indeed, it looks much nicer this way.

> maybe a better name is regi-ce or just regi-1250

regi-ce is a bad name as there are 4 central european encodings
(IBM-853, ISO-8859-2, MacCE and Windows-1250) plus Croatian. 1250
alone is probably OK, but there's no hint in file name about which
encoding is meant (windows/ibm/iso/mac ...).

I tested the code for regime synonyms and it looks OK. Thanks for
investingating my request :)

> (concerning eregi-* files: you can define filesynonyms so we need a list of
> filesynonyms and regimesynonyms)

What do you mean by writing file synonyms? Where would it be used?

For unicode regimes, this is probably an useful (more or less complete) set.

\defineregimesynonym[utf8][utf]
\defineregimesynonym[utf 8][utf]
\defineregimesynonym[utf-8][utf]
\defineregimesynonym[unicode][utf]

(Btw, I tried all the four before I got the answer on the mailing list
that I should use 'utf' instead.)

For the rest of the regimes I have to take a look first, so that I
don't say anything wrong. There has to be only one clear scheme.

> there are
>
> \showcharacters
> \showaccents

Thank you. The commands were only kind-of-working here. They produced
the table that I wanted (and quite some trash as well), but they were
complaining a lot.

Thanks for the contribution into Visual debugging, Hraban!

What's the proper name for nonbreaking space, '~', to be put in regi-* file?

Mojca