Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Hello,

This question doesn't come from me, but as I wasn't able to answer,
I'm posting it here:

Consider the following text:

\setupbodyfont[20pt]
\starttext
\input tufte

\switchtobodyfont[10pt]\setupinterlinespace\page
\input tufte

\switchtobodyfont[10dd]\setupinterlinespace\page
\input tufte

\switchtobodyfont[10.6574803pt]\setupinterlinespace\page % = 10dd
\input tufte

this is rounded, determined by

\chardef\fontdigits=1

this in order to overcome abundant usage of fonts due to rounding differences, so

10.65...3pt becomes 10.7 points

\stoptext

How are the interline distances determined? The last two pages give
different results. The line breaking could be influenced by minimal
rounding mistakes, but I don't understand why the distances between
lines differ substantially.
by default height/depth => .72ex/.28ex (heritage from inrstex) Hans