On 12/7/2021 7:29 AM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021, Alexandre Christe via ntg-context wrote:

Dear all,

I'd like to know what is the status of Asymptote in Context. To my
knowledge, metapost/metafun only support 2D (except with the additional
libraries from Roegel, which would have to be cleaned up a bit).

Depends on the kind of support you want. It is relatively easy to define an
environment

\startasymptote
\stopasymptote

such that the content of the environment is processed by asympotote and read
back as an image (using the filter module). With some effort, it is also
possible to pass variables from context to asymptote. The reverse communication
is more complicated but not really needed for 3D drawing.
there is a module m-asymptote but i admit i sort of gave up on it: getting a stable bin can be a problem, the way text is handled is very latexish (and the context part too hard coded) so we're talking 'more dependencies that i find reasonable' here

(i want to look into 3d mp at some point but first some other things)