On 12/14/2021 10:57 AM, denis.ma...@unibe.ch wrote:
Hi Hans,

> [...]

[... ]

 > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

 > > \righttext seems to change the locations of the margins, i.e.

 > > leftmargin becomes rightmargin and vice-versa. That may be nice in

 > > some situations, but I need to keep the margins where they are. Is

 > > there a way to do this? (Maybe \righttoleft is the wrong command?) I

> > thought I could define a new rtlblockquote with appropriate settings, like

 > so:

 > > \definedelimitedtext[rtlblockquote]

 > > \setupdelimitedtext[rtlblockquote]

 > > [leftmargin=0em,rightmargin=1.5em,before={\righttoleft}]

 > > But maybe there’s a better way. Any hints?

 > You switch directions when we're still in vertical mode, so you need:

 > \startblockquote

 >      \dontleavehmode\righttoleft\ignorespaces

 >      \input knuth

 > \stopblockquote

I'm afraid this doesn't give the desired result. While this fixes the inverted margins issue, this keeps the whole paragraph in LTR-mode.

The expected result (created with rtlblockquote) would be this:

So, the question remains: is a dedicated startstop-pair to achieve this (what’s the proper name of those anyway? In latex these are environments, but that feels odd in context)? Or are there easier solutions?
i'll add support for the align parameter

   \usealignparameter\delimitedtextparameter

but you need to adapth left/right margins to your taste as in the bidi concept (being part of a line) left and rightskip swap

\definedelimitedtext
  [mine]
  [align={flushleft,r2l},leftmargin=3cm,rightmargin=0cm]

\starttext
    \input tufte
    \startmine
        \input tufte
    \stopmine
    \input tufte

  • [NTG-con... Denis Maier via ntg-context
    • Re:... Hans Hagen via ntg-context
      • ... Denis Maier via ntg-context
        • ... Hans Hagen via ntg-context
          • ... Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد via ntg-context
            • ... Hans Hagen via ntg-context
      • ... Denis Maier via ntg-context
        • ... Hans Hagen via ntg-context
          • ... Denis Maier via ntg-context