On 15/12/2021 20:32, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
This corresponds the "Download" link on the CTAN page of each package, but
unfortunately, is not always in TDS format. For example, for pgf (which is locate at
/graphics/pgf/base), we have

https://mirrors.ctan.org/graphics/pgf/base.zip

which lists all tex related files in base/tex sub-directory. The CTAN page
(https://www.ctan.org/pkg/pgf) also has a field "TDS Archive", which lists:

http://mirrors.ctan.org/install/graphics/pgf/base/pgf.tds.zip

which is TDS compliant. The same is the case for circuitikz and pgfplots. So,
it safer to use

     "http://mirrors.ctan.org/"; .. data.ctan.path .. "/" .. pkg_name ..
"tds.zip"

But, for context packages, CTAN does nto have the tds zips (I guess because the
default zip is already TDS compliant). For example:

     https://www.ctan.org/pkg/context-filter

has the "download" link at the bottom but not the "TDS Archive" link.

In the end, since I am only installing 4-5 packages, it is simpler to input the
URLs but hand rather than write code to automate the logic.

If only we could convince CTAN to have a common structure - this came up recently with Norbert re. supporting TeX Live! (cf. CRAN for example)

Joseph