I believe that you are missing the point of LMTX.

LMTX Context is intended to be a self-contained AND PORTABLE directory tree. It does not need system installation paths and such and is designed to happily co-exist with system installed TeX (using packages) or TeXlive or others, without interference. The LMTX directory tree is very light-weight and indeed many production users might keep a separate copy with EACH major TeX project, thus ensuring that the project will continue to compile without changes as LMTX evolves. This strategy can be a successful insurance that very old projects will continue to compile yielding the same results many years later.

Not that you need to go that far.

Many users install LMTX for a system-wide use in some commonly accessible location. This is totally portable: only the PATH needs to be set to find the correct context executable.

LMTX does not go the route of system packages as this relies on package maintainers. ConTeXt mkiv with luatex continues to be made available and updated with TeXlive, so any system packages that provide TeXlive can provide ConTeXt.

Alan