From: Peter Rolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] using 1 layout on several documents
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:46:45 +0200

Hi Boris,

Boris Pedrofiets wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made a layout that I want to use for several documents. What is the
> best way to handle this, without placing a copy of the layout
> description in every file?

Simply use an environment (file).

Something like...

[content of file 'env-mylayout.tex']
--------
\startenvironment env-mylayout

....your layout settings....

\stopenvironment
--------

Then put the file somewhere in the tex-path
(??/texmf/texmf-local/tex/context/user/ is a good place) and call
texhash/mktexlsr(!), so that context can find it;

Now you can use your layout settings by just typing

\environment env-mylayout

at the beginning of your document (before \starttext).

If the environment is not already defined, then context tries to load a
file with the same name as the environment name (environment foo -->
foo.tex). I just use the prefix 'env-' to seperate the env. files from
the rest in this folder (typescripts, modules, ...).

Hope that helps,

Peter