On 4/13/2023 10:11 PM, Kalouguine Andre via ntg-context wrote:
On 13.04.2023 21:22, Rik Kabel via ntg-context wrote:

EB Garamond is hopelessly broken with respect to hlig and dlig, and has been for quite a while.

I reported the problem (https://github.com/octaviopardo/EBGaramond12/issues/20) over five years ago, and the maintainer (if there is one) has done nothing. See also #4 in that issues list (https://github.com/octaviopardo/EBGaramond12/issues/4). There are a couple of forks, but there is no established reference implementation that I can see. The Google Fonts implementation is similarly challenged, perhaps worse.

Oh, I hadn't realized. I had read somewhere that the TeXlive version was simply older than the `Specimen.pdf` document and had some bugs. I hadn't realized that it wasn't fixed yet.
This is unfortunate!

Thanks for the information, you saved me from wasting too much time on that.
if you know what the bugs are you can make a pseudo feature that fixes it (there are examples in the test suite)