On 4/27/2023 7:11 AM, Max Chernoff via ntg-context wrote:
Hi Lynx, Aditya,

New to conTeXt, have not performed a specific update prior to this.

My conTeXt installation is part of TeXlive-2023 (under Linux OS). Will
the updates to ConTeXt be handled by tlmgr ?

No. Usually, texlive updates context once a year.

This is correct in general, but this specific update *will* end up in
TL2023 due to the engine changes that Hans mentioned. It's not in TL
yet, but we're actively working on it, so it should show up within a
week or so (hopefully).
Correction: Luigi and I are still discussing how to make it work because there is some init order issue and we want to be sure that context (and its scripts) keep working. It would be sort of weird if context (where luatex originates) would stop working as expected. Keep in mind that luatex is also a lua engine. and I assume that the texlive team also has some tests to perform (apart from getting all platforms updated which for some is more work, like apple signing).

The issue (disabling socket by default) is not that pressing as socket has been with us for right fromn the start) and security wise there are plenty ways tex can mess up your system if someone wants.