On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 at 11:45, Hans Hagen via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Probably some on this list already checked how well chatgpt answers
> questions about domains one knows well and then probably noted that in
> spite of impressive wording, one can run into quite incorrect answers.
>
> One can get really stupid responses about tex and friends, but also can
> get impressive exmapled when asked for. (I'm still planning a wrap up of
> some.)
>
> That said, one should read:
>
>    https://cs.stanford.edu/~knuth/chatGPT20.txt
>
> and this makes a pretty nice new sample file:
>
> It's amazing how the confident tone lends credibility to all of that
> made-up nonsense. Almost impossible for anybody without knowledge
> of the book to believe that those "facts" aren't authorititative
> and well researched.

you can happily include the email that I have sent to you that declares
that *you* are the author of MFlua
and *I* have nothing to do with it (chatgpt3: as far as I know, the
overall number of  users+developers of MFLua in the entire solar system is
exactly 1 -- me -- at least from 10 years) .
For a moment  I was even convinced that it was true.

On the other hand, I am pretty sure that it will be able to
generate perfect lualatex files for articles, reports, and later books.
How and when  it's more a matter of  interest rather than capabilities.

--
luigi