On 3/18/2024 1:31 AM, Jim wrote:
On Sat, Mar 16, 2024 at 15:20 (+0100), Hans Hagen wrote:

On 3/16/2024 2:10 PM, Jim wrote:
On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 01:53 (+0100), Aditya Mahajan wrote:

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024, Jim wrote:

Max (et al),

were you hoping the ConTeXt distribution would ship its own
pgfutil-context.def, or were you hoping that someone could convince Henri
to put the RGB change in?

We can patch some of the definitions of pgfutil-context.def in m-tikz if
really needed, but it would be preferable to first check if tikz
maintainers are willing to merge them upstream.

Unfortunately, it seems that the maintainer feels that if we can't deal
with cmyk profiles, we shouldn't have cmyk at all.  I don't agree, but
that's where it ended.  (I was arguing for plain TeX support at the time in
the linked^2 message, but I was able to add the definition for cmyk to my
own macro file, so I was able to process examples with cmyk colours.)
What does the maintainer mean by that ... context

The maintainer's comment was about plain TeX, not context.  Sorry if that
wasn't clear.

ah, good to know

In any case, I should have sent my request to Max alone, rather than the
ntg-context list, because if Max was going to push something there, I was
hoping that a second appeal for cmyk colour support in plain would be
nice.  (I'm not quite ready to give up all of my plain TeX files.)

if it's plain, indeed, too confusing otherwise (it's no problem asking plain questions here but in this tikz case kind of confusing)

can add profiles if configured to do so (best not to embed them) ... and
why should there be a profile anyway ... crappy arguments ..

I agree about the colour profile, but the last time I poked that bear, my
pleas fell on deaf ears.

not even plain needs color profiles and i hope tikz doesn't add them

[And in summary, to be clear: I'm good with the colour support in ConTeXt!]
ok

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /