Giuseppe,

Many thanks for your help: it is very much appreciated.

\overbar{{\grk{kj}}} \grk{Kull'hnhc d\high{\tfx{ou}} med'eonta ka`i >Arkad'ihc polum'hlou}

works, but it really is more a work-around than a good solution.

Ideally, one would like to be able to do math when the body font is Greek. But we both need some font wizards to help with this.

All best, Alan