Thanks Wolfgang for the analysis and explanation. Both pictures are "not from
my workshop" and I received them as background material. Moreover, I have
reduced them a lot today for the purpose of sending them to the conference (I
have reduced the quality a lot to reduce their size). Strangely, I have been
translating documents with this image for several years with the old version of
ConTeXt, so I was surprised that the new ConTeXt was not able to process them
as I expected. Unfortunately, it didn't really occur to me that the problem
might be with the image rather than ConTeXt, but the images were commonly
displayed on several computers (Windows and OS X), and I didn't think to look
at the log file.
Thanks again for the explanation and for the lesson, which I will certainly
remember.
Have a nice day.
Jaroslav

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /