On Wed, Jun  5, 2024 at 18:04 (+0200), Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 05.06.24 um 17:33 schrieb Jim:
>> Hi,

>> I had the following structure which ended up at the bottom of a page:
> …
>> Q1: Is there a Right Way to force ConTeXt to put an \item on the current
>> page?

>> Q2: If not, does anyone wish to suggest some way to trick ConTeXt here, or
>> to do an end-run around its calculations?

>> Note: to solve this problem the use of brute force has been authorized.

> Did you try \adaptlayout?
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/adaptlayout

> It might also help to put the itemize in a box (but that might end up on the

Hi Hraban,

That works perfectly.  I didn't know about that command before, and my
google searches to find something like that didn't turn anything up.
Undoubtedly I used the wrong search terms.

I tried putting the \placefigure and the itemize in a box, thinking that if
all else failed I could put a negative \vskip at the bottom to make the box
shorter.  However, when I tried putting all that in a \vbox I got some
error messages which were not immediately illuminating (to me).

Thanks for the pointer.

                                Jim

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /